I am excited to share a special ingredient with you as I offer up my recipe for BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts, specially using this Kampot pepper from Cambodia.
Although Kampot pepper is usually used with red meats, it imparts a super flavor to chicken, especially when you cook it on the BBQ.
How to Make BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts:
I did not get these Kampot peppercorns @ my grocer. You can find them @:
Type: Entree Recipe
Prep Time: 13 – 15 min
Grill Time: 15 min
Yield: 2 – 3 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kampot peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup Creamy Kampot Apricot Brandy Pepper Sauce – or your sauce of choice
- parsley – for garnish
- Preheat BBQ grill on high heat.
- To make my Kampot pepper crust, grind up the Kampot peppercorns with a mortar & pestle or spice grinder until all peppercorns are broken, so you have coarse & finely ground pepper.
- Transfer crushed peppercorns to a shallow bowl, and add in sea salt and smoked paprika, combining ingredients with your hands or a large spoon.
- Dredge chicken breasts in pepper mixture pressing mix on to outside of breasts and place on tray to transfer to BBQ grill.
- Place chicken breasts on preheated BBQ grill for about 5 – 8 minutes on each side and cook for a total of 10 – 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through evenly. Be sure to check for doneness before removing from grill.
- Remove from grill and serve hot with my Creamy Kampot Apricot Brandy Pepper Sauce drizzled on top.
Hopefully, you will try this recipe for BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts and look up my recipe on Creamy Kampot Apricot Brandy Pepper Sauce that goes perfectly with this dish.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Kampot Pepper Apricot Brandy Sauce + Video
- How to Cook ‘Perfect Taste’ Dry Rub Baked Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to Grill a Spritzer Pop Can Whole Chicken on the BBQ
- How to Bake Smoked Paprika Marinated Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to BBQ Pork Ribs + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly