This morning, I wanted to make pancakes for my family. However, we had no eggs left and I didn’t want to make the trip to the store. So, I decided to experiment and go vegan and I’m so very glad I did.
The result was probably the most delicious pancakes I have ever had – and I don’t like eating regular pancakes, I’m a crepe lover!
They were filling, fluffy and so tasty…Try them – You’ll be glad you did!
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour – or 1/4 cup whole wheat, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Toasted Coconut – Toast unsweetened dessicated coconut in a dry medium heat frying pan until golden
- 2 tbsp minced Candied Ginger – or freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil – for pancake batter; + about 1 tbsp for frying pan
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Banana – halved & sliced
Ingredients for Coconut Cream Sauce:
- 1 1/4 cups Plain Balkan Style Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk – remaining amount in typical can of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 dashes Cayenne Pepper
Instructions for Pancakes:
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t overmix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of coconut oil into frying pan just to coat bottom.
- With a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Instructions for Coconut Cream Sauce:
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into small bowls to dunk pancakes into.
I hope you enjoyed this Vegan Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Looking for a great frying pan? Calphalon brand is my absolute favorite – They are durable, evenly heat and will last you a lifetime:
[tags]vegan recipe, vegan breakfast recipe, vegan pancakes, eggless pancakes, pancake recipe, tropical pancakes, Caribbean pancakes, banana recipe, coconut recipe, breakfast recipe, coconut cream sauce, dessert recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Apricot Pancakes for Breakfast
- How to Cook Breakfast: Black Currant Pancakes
- How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- How to Cook Sour Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes with Damson Plum Syrup