When I think of making pancakes, I check to see what kind of fruit we have on hand. Today, I chose dried sour cherries to make breakfast more exciting!
Serve With: Damson Plum Syrup
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – or 1/4 cup whole wheat, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup gingerale
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds – just as a healthy kick
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t overmix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of butter into frying pan just to coat bottom.
- With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- 1/2 cup Damson plum jam – Please use high quality preserves.
- 2 tbsp hot tea
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk ingredients until smooth, syrupy consistency. * If the mixture is too thick, add another tbsp hot tea to thin it out.
- Pour on hot pancakes right out of the frying pan.
I hope you enjoyed this Vegetarian Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Damson Plums are beautiful too – check out this lovely poster print:
Technorati Tags: sour cherry recipe, sour cherry pancakes, buttermilk pancake recipe, sour cherry buttermilk pancakes, damson plum recipe, damson plum recipe, breakfast recipe, vegetarian recipe, sweet recipe, damson plum syrup, syrup recipe, eggless pancakes
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Date Pancakes with Flax Seeds
- How to Cook Breakfast: Black Currant Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Crepe-Cakes
- How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes