Well, it’s Sunday, and we often do a little something special for breakfast or brunch on the weekends. So, today, I’m going to let you in on how to make Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
I, personally, do not enjoy mint chocolate chip, but there are members in my family that simply can’t get enough of it. I will be making myself some special scrambled eggs.
I do hope you enjoy these babies…they disappeared quickly at my house.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: Drizzle with Table Syrup
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – or 1/4 cup whole wheat, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk – or milk
- 1/2 cup soda water – or filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chia seeds – just as a healthy kick
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t overmix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of butter into frying pan just to coat bottom.
- With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
I hope you enjoyed this Pancake Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]mint chocolate chip pancakes, how to make mint chocolate chip pancakes, how to make pancakes, mint chocolate chip recipe, pancake recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook Breakfast Date Pancakes with Flax Seeds
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast: Black Currant Pancakes
- How to Cook Sour Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes with Damson Plum Syrup
- How to Cook Apricot Pancakes for Breakfast