This is a simple, quick, tasty and much more exciting version of plain, old pancakes.
Not only do these babies have black currants, which can be in dried form and easy to find at your grocer, they also contain chia seeds, which are now easy to find as well. Chia seeds are a good source of protein, dietary fiber, as well as essential minerals like phosphorus, manganese, calcium and potassium.
Get your family going for the whole day with these delicious breakfast pancakes.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: Drizzle with Maple Syrup or Honey
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – or 1/4 cup whole wheat, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk – or milk
- 1/2 cup soda water – or filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried black currants
- 1 tbsp chia seeds – just as a healthy kick
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t overmix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of butter into frying pan just to coat bottom.
- With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
I hope you enjoyed this Pancake Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
[tags]black currant pancakes, black currants, how to make pancakes, how to cook pancakes, breakfast recipe, how to cook breakfast, pancake recipe, pancake recipe from scratch, chia seeds[/tags]
- How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Date Pancakes with Flax Seeds
- How to Cook Sour Cherry Buttermilk Pancakes with Damson Plum Syrup
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Crepe-Cakes