Spicing up your classic recipes is a great way to expand your cooking repertoire without having to learn too many more skills, if you are a beginner in the kitchen.
What sounds more yummy than apricot pancakes for breakfast though, right?
Hot, fluffy and fragrant with melted butter and hot maple syrup! Now, you’re in breakfast heaven.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: Soft Butter & Warm Maple Syrup
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 5-8 mins
Yield: 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots – finely diced
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water – or lukewarm tea
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t over-mix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of butter into frying pan just to coat bottom.
- With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
I hope you enjoy this Fruit Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Crepe-Cakes
- How to Cook Classic, Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Date Pancakes with Flax Seeds
- How to Cook Breakfast: Black Currant Pancakes