Corn Bread is a Southern American staple with spicy food…Therefore, it is a serious staple in our household, as we love all of that spicy food. This is a family fave as EVERYONE loves it! Enjoy!
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Chili, Gumbo, Stews, Soup, Meatloaf
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 3 hrs, 30 min on Sweet Bread Cycle
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups water – lukewarm
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 2 tbsp butter – softened
- 1 corn cob – boiled & corn cut off cob.
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – * optional
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir in the order presented.
- Turn on the machine to the Sweet Bread cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- I bake mine on the 3 hr, 30 min setting for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
Sweet Cornbread is the perfect compliment to a spicy chili, which I happen to be making tonight too! Yum!
I hope you enjoyed this Bread Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]corn bread, bread machine, bread recipe, bread, corn, soul food, Southern cooking, baking[/tags]
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Superb Sweet Potato Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine