Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cups water – lukewarm
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s.
- 1 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp butter – softened
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan style.
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup oats – I use organic.
- 1 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour – I use organic.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir in the order presented.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark cycle, if you have one. * Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
This is just perfect for sandwiches or with a pot of soup or stew! Yum!!!
I hope you enjoy this Bread Recipe from Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Need a bread machine?
[tags]whole wheat, bread machine, bread, oatmeal, oatmeal bread, whole wheat bread[/tags]
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine