Roasted Chickpeas aka Leblebi is a snack made from roasted chickpeas, very popular in Turkey.
It is traditionally, eaten alongside of boza as a crunchy snack (see recipe here: Kimberly’s Boza).
Not only is this a healthy snack, these are delicious & easy to make.
This snack is alleged to also increase breast size – That’s what they say ladies…
Roasted Chickpeas – Leblebi:
Type: Snack Recipe
Serve With: Kimberly’s Boza
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: ~ 50 min – 1 hr
Yield: ~ 3 cups
- 3 cups chickpeas – cooked or canned; also called garbanzo beans
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder – I prefer to use roasted garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 turmeric
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with spices and olive oil.
- Evenly spread chickpeas on a parchment lined baking pan and bake for ~ 50 min – 1 hr, shaking pan every 10-15 min.
- Allow to cool.
- Enjoy as a snack or on the side with a traditional Turkish drink, like Boza.
These are crunchy and delicious! Yum!
- How to Bake Savory Bulgur Doggy Delights
- How to Roast Garlic
- How to Make Kimberly’s Boza
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- How to Cook Moroccan Chickpea Soup