How to Bake Savory Bulgur Doggy Delights
These treats are very healthy and my pooches Love them! Even my mother’s finicky dog eats them happily. Don’t serve your pooches treats with ingredients you don’t know with preservatives! These treats are easy and fun to make…
~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Photo left: My inspiration for my doggie recipes, my babies, Kurious, Kaptain & Knosey.
* Tip: This recipe is a great way to use up the bulgur you have left from the recipe: Kimberly’s Boza
Prep Time: ~ 20 min + soaking bulgur overnight
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
Yield: 6 doz (72 treats)
1. Soak bulgur wheat overnight with plenty of water to cover it.
2. Add 4 cups water and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until cooked – ~ 20 min.
3. Strain with a sieve (reserve liquid to make Boza – see recipe here: Kimberly’s Boza) and allow to cool in a bowl.
4. Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
5. Add egg with crushed shell, cornmeal, carrot, red pepper, parsley, turmeric, pepper and chili powder, and mix until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
6. Teaspoon onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 40 min.
7. Flip cookies over and bake an additional 10 min.
8. Allow to cool.
9. Serve to your pooch and watch them Enjoy!
My friend, Julie’s dog was crazy about these treats when I brought them over for him…He’s been staring Jules down ever since I brought them over…about 5 days ago…
He almost ate them all the 1st night! LOL
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. To get more information on dogs, especially Terriers, check out my other website:
P.P.S. I encourage you to leave comments! I love to hear your feedback!
[tags]bulgur, dog biscuit, dog treat, treats, cookies, doggie treat, doggie biscuit, baking[/tags]
- How to Bake Homemade Doggy Biscuits – Everything But The Kitchen Sink…
- How to Make Kimberly’s Boza
- How to Make Roasted Chickpeas – aka Leblebi
- How to Bake Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies + Video: Valentine’s Day Treats
- How to Bake Kahlua Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies