…But when was the last time you thought of using mushrooms as a side dish for dinner?
This recipe is super quick, super easy and super tasty. Try it out for size!
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 24 oz. Mushrooms – Use a variety of different mushrooms – Sliced
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 1 large clove Garlic – Or 2 smaller ones, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Port Wine – Cooking Sherry or another fortified red wine
- 2 tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar – Aged from Modena is best.
- 4 leaves fresh Basil – Chiffonade
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – To taste
- Sea Salt – To taste
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat with olive oil.
- Once it’s hot, add onions and sautee for about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chili flakes, black pepper and oregano (if dried) and continue to sautee until mushrooms start to sweat and leach their water.
- Add garlic and sautee for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add port wine, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs. Stir and reduce until it’s not too saucy anymore.
- Finish with butter by stirring it in thoroughly.
- Serve on top of pasta, as a side dish or on top toast with this mixture and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Mushroom Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]mushrooms, mushroom recipes, side dish recipe, side dish with mushrooms, mushrooms and wine saue, mushrooms and balsamic[/tags]
- How to Cook Mushroom Risotto: Upscale SuperBowl Treats
- How to Cook Fantastic Beef Stew
- How to Bake Classic Pita Pizzas
- How to Cook ‘You’ll Never Believe It’s Healthy’ Creamy Mushroom Linguine
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla