How to Cook ‘You’ll Never Believe It’s Healthy’ Creamy Mushroom Linguine
This is so delicious! Easier & quicker than making an Alfredo from scratch! Add tofu or chicken breast to add more protein to this dish…Awesome! ~Kimberly Edwards 😀
Serve With: Fresh, crusty bread
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: Enough for 3-4 people
1. Fill a stock pot 3/4 full of water, add bay leaf and 1 tbsp sea salt, and heat on high to a rolling boil. Then add pasta and cook on medium high heat until it is al dente.
2. While waiting for water to boil, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
3. Add chopped onions, mushrooms and sautee on medium heat for 5 min stirring frequently.
4. Add minced garlic and sautee on medium low heat for approximately 5-7 min, or until mushrooms are tender.
5. Add cream cheese, milk and broth and allow cheese to melt into sauce, stirring continuously.
6. Add cayenne pepper, pepper and salt to taste.
7. A few minutes before pasta is finished cooking, add chopped parsley.
8. Drain pasta in a colander, put back into stock pot and pour 1 tbsp oil over pasta. Toss pasta to coat well with oil.
9. Serve linguine topped with creamy mushroom sauce and fresh, crusty bread.
I hope you enjoyed today’s installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. Want more Vegetarian recipes? Check out this great e-book:
[tags]mushroom, cream sauce, linguine, pasta, healthy recipe, vegetarian recipe, quick meals[/tags]
- How to Cook End-of-Summer Pasta Primavera with Shrimp
- How to Cook Impromptu Linguine with Meatballs: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Mushrooms with Port Wine and Balsamic Sauce
- How to Cook Mushroom Wine Sauce
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Low Fat Rigatoni Primavera