I used “classic” ingredients loved on pizzas…tomato sauce, mozzarella, mushrooms, green peppers, and of course, pepperoni.
Not only were these “Italian-esque” pita pizzas delicious, they disappeared way to quickly! Enjoy…
Type: Pizza Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10-12 mins
Yield: 1 pita pizza (~ 4 slices)
- medium sized pitas – at least 1 per person
- ~ 1/4 cup tomato/pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 dozen slices pepperoni
- 1 dozen mushrooms – sliced
- 1/4 green pepper – finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle Italian seasoning
- sprinkle garlic powder – * optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Preheat 1 large frying pan on medium high heat, and one medium frying pan on medium high heat.
- Lightly coat pita with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder, if desired.
- Pan fry in large frying pan on stove on medium high heat about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown.
- In other frying pan, pan sautee mushrooms in 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste. You may even want to add a dash of balsamic vinegar to the pan and reduce while sauteing mushrooms.
- Spread tomato sauce or pizza sauce on top of each pita, sprinkle cheese and other ingredients evenly on top of pita, sprinkle Italian seasoning and drizzle lightly with olive oil, if desired.
- Bake in oven for ~ 10-12 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice into 4 pieces and Enjoy!
This time, I added small cubes of sharp cheddar cheese on the top of the pita pizzas to create that marbled effect of the cheese. This, too, is optional.
I hope you enjoy this Italian Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Crab Melt Pita Pizza
- Moving? You Need Pizza!
- How to Cook Quick & Easy Fried Pitas
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla
- How to Cook ‘You’ll Never Believe It’s Healthy’ Creamy Mushroom Linguine