Kimberly’s Incredible Carrot Cake is hoppingly scrumptious!
Moist & delicious, yet light & fluffy at the same time, this carrot cake will dazzle your taste buds & satisfy your sweet tooth, especially when topped with Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing.
A traditional combination for this festive event!
Kimberly’s Incredible Carrot Cake:
There is something special about the little orange flecks of carrot in this cake that make it so distinctive in flavor, that goes so well in a dessert, as carrot has that little bit of sweetness itself.
Both the nuts & raisins in this recipe are optional, and you may want to spike the batter or the icing with something more fun like brandy, rum or coconut rum and take this cake recipe to levels unknown.
Type: Cake Recipe
Serve With: Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing
Prep Time: ~ 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Yield: 1 cake
- Please use organic ingredients whenever possible.
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
Cooking Show: Incredible Carrot Cake + Walnut Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 1/2 cups carrots – grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts – optional; coarsely ground
- 3/4 cup raisins – optional; I prefer golden raisins.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well until thick & lemony in color. Add sugar & heavy cream, and beat well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Tip: Add raisins and/or nuts to the flour mixture, if desired.
- Mix in flour mixture and carrots to egg mixture until barely incorporated.
- Pour entire mixture into greased pan – either a loaf pan, a Bundt pan or cupcake cups.
- Tap gently to release air bubbles.
- Bake cake in preheated oven for 1 hr (less for cupcakes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing
Kimberly’s Incredible Carrot Cake is perfect, not just for Easter, but any time you’d like something sweet & a little bit naughty!
Playlist: Carrot Recipes + Reviews
Playlist: Cake Recipes + Reviews
- How to Make Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing
- Fresh Additions to that Carrot Muffin Mix
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Bake Chiffon Cake: National Cake Day
- How to Bake Black Bottom Cupcakes for National Chocolate Cupcake Day