Perfect for cupcakes or chocolate cake, or Carrot Cake, especially at Easter time…It may sound funny, but I use all organic ingredients for this recipe, even though it’s a dessert!
~ Kimberly Edwards ;D
Serve With: Kimberly’s Carrot Cake
Prep Time: ~ 20 min
Yield: Enough for 1 carrot cake or 12-16 cupcakes
1. Using room temperature creamed cheese, cream well, add icing sugar and beat until smooth.
2. Add cold melted butter, vanilla & lemon juice to reach spreading consistency.
* Tip: If necessary only, add 1 tsp heavy cream to reach desired consistency.
3. Refrigerate about 10-15 min to firm up enough to spread easily.
4. After icing cake or cupcakes, it can be garnished with toasted coconut, nut halves, sprinkles or whatever, if desired.
5. Enjoy the pure pleasure of your dessert with a glass of milk!
* Tip: For Easter, the icing can be garnished with jellybeans, especially if you are making cupcakes.
I love love love this icing…I always wish there was more!
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards ;D
P.S. For some more great Holiday Baking Recipes, check out this great book:
[tags]cream cheese icing, icing, cream cheese, organic recipe, desserts, sweets, Easter recipe, Easter, carrot cake, baking, creamed cheese icing, creamed cheese[/tags]
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Incredible Carrot Cake
- Muffins and Cupcake Recipes Galore
- The Desserts of Thanksgiving at a Glance
- Fresh Additions to that Carrot Muffin Mix
- Easter Menu Ideas to Please Everyone