National Chocolate Day is here and I’m sharing with you a Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake recipe below…
But first, a few chocolate facts.
Chocolate & cocoa come from an evergreen tree genus, theobroma, “Food of the Gods.” Cocoa beans grow in a pod of a cocoa tree.
They are both identically manufactured until the point where the chocolate liquor is taken from the nibs or hulled beans, and molded into cakes. Nibs are very rich in cocoa butter, which is a creamy colored, natural vegetable fat, which melts in the course of grinding & making a dark brown fluid called chocolate liquor.
All chocolate, except white chocolate, contain chocolate liquor as the primary ingredient.
The cocoa butter will last for many years. Chocolate, under proper conditions, will last & and not turn rancid for years as well.
How to Bake Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake:
This is somewhat of a Southern recipe from the USA, and is scrumptious, moist and perfect for dessert.
Type: Cake Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate – chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake pans with grease & dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder & baking soda.
- Melt chopped unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat until light, eggs, sugar & vanilla extract.
- Mix chocolate until smooth with 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- Add in slowly water. Beat until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients gradually into dry ingredient bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Scrape batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 – 45 min or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack in the pan for ~ 5 – 10 min.
- Remove from pan & place on cooking rack to finish cooling.
Dust with icing sugar or apply icing of your choice.
National Chocolate Day will certainly be a conversation piece with this great recipe for Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Bake Black Bottom Cupcakes for National Chocolate Cupcake Day
- How to Bake Vanilla Cupcakes: National Vanilla Cupcake Day
- How to Bake a Christmas Chocolate Log + Video
- How to Bake Sponge Cake: National Boston Cream Pie Day