Tonight, I wanted to cook something that was simple and classic, but that had serious flavor.
I have this Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder from La Chinata I got from Qualifirst Foods online, and I wanted this to be the centerpiece of this dish tonight.
This smoked paprika powder comes in 3 varieties: sweet, bitter-sweet, and hot. I am using the sweet variety today.
The sweet, smokey aroma and flavor were truly what drove this dish. Simply delicious as we all got to enjoy every nuance of this complex Spanish paprika powder.
Type: Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 6 mins
Cook Time: ~ 1 hr total
Yield: Serves 4
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 4 chicken quarters
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika powder
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a large ovenproof baking dish with olive oil or spray with non-stick spray.
- Rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Baste chicken quarters with olive oil all over with a basting brush or rub the olive oil on the chicken with your hands.
- Sprinkle salt & freshly cracked black pepper to your preferred tastes all over the chicken.
- Wish skin side up, sprinkle smoked paprika powder generously. * Tip: Use a small strainer as you would a sifter, for more even coverage all over the chicken.
- Roast in oven for approximately 1 hour or until the chicken juices run clear when cut near the joint, and the skin is golden brown.
- Chicken can carry salmonella, and you should be sure to wash your hands with soap and warm water, as well as work surfaces and all utensils that touched the chicken in any way.
I hope you enjoy this Spanish Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Roast Kohlrabi + Video
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video
- How to Cook Chipotle, Smoked Paprika & Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin + Video
- How to Roast Sweet Potato Medallions + Video