This Roasted Smoked Paprika Chicken is an A+ meal that’s simple to make, and will cause more deliciousness than you can shake a stick at.
One of my favorite things to cook is a roasted chicken, because you can get a lot of flavor on it, in it, set it & forget it, and in about 1 hour’s time, you have a hearty, tasty meal that everyone loves served with almost any side dish.
You will have juices that render from the chicken for pouring over potatoes or rice, and you’ll likely have leftovers for the next day. Plus, keep that chicken carcass & any other bones, cartilage & skin that doesn’t get eaten and use them for making a flavorful chicken stock.
- Tip: Smoked paprika is an unbelievable addition to your repertoire, and if you don’t already have it in your pantry, you’re missing out. It’s serious flavor & serious bang-for-your-buck. I use La Chinata Smoked Paprika Powders; they have 3 varieties – sweet, bitter sweet & hot.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve with: rice stuffing
Prep Time: 10 min
Roast Time: ~ 1 hr
Serves: 3-4 dinner portions
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika powder – I use La Chinata Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp hot smoked paprika powder – I use La Chinata Hot Smoked Paprika
- 1 dozen freshly cracked peppercorns – I used Red Kampot Peppercorns
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt – I used Drogheria Brittany Grey Sea Salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp sugar
- bacon fat – or butter/oil; to coat chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Create a spice mix by combining smoked paprika, pepper, salt & sugar.
- Baste/coat chicken with bacon fat, butter or oil. * Tip: Stuff chicken at this point, if desired. In this show, I stuffed my bird with a Savory Rice Stuffing.
- Prepare a roasting pan or baking dish with non-stick spray or grease it up.
- Rub in the spice mixture to the chicken skin all over. Sprinkle any excess in the cavity of the chicken.
- Roast in the oven on 400 degrees F for 10 min. * Tip: I roast my poultry breast-side down for more moist breast meat.
- Reduce temperature down to 350 – 370 degrees F, and continue to roast for an additional 45 min – 1 hr or until it’s golden brown, and juices run clear – or use a meat thermometer to ensure meat is done cooking. * Tip: Check occasionally & baste chicken, if desired.
- Remove from oven and cover with a loose foil tent to rest for at least 5 min.
- Serve with the stuffing and some side dishes to enjoy a super tasty meal.
Yes, it takes about an hour to roast this Smoked Paprika Chicken, but you’re not babysitting it very often during that time, leaving you time to get other chores done around the house, or you can sit and watch a movie!
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Chicken Quarters
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video
- How to Roast Kohlrabi + Video
- Web Chef Review: La Chinata Smoked Sweet Paprika Powder
- How to Roast Sweet Potato Medallions + Video