Pork tenderloin it is for dinner, but how to kick it up to levels unknown?
Here ya go…Here’s my recipe for How to Cook Chipotle, Smoked Paprika & Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin. (Say that 10 times super fast…)
This is dish is beyond delicious, was inexpensive to create, provided you’re set up with the spices, and it was quick. The dinner took me about 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
The smoked paprika I’m using is La Chinata Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder that I got from Qualifirst Foods online. It is smokey, sweet and absolutely irresistible. This smoked paprika powder comes in 3 varieties: sweet, bitter-sweet, and hot. I am using the sweet variety today.
I added the Chipotle pepper powder because I’m using the sweet smoked paprika powder and I wanted to add some heat. Now, the Chipotle powder I have is very smokey just like the paprika powder, but it will give me that spice too.
The pistachios are a nice touch, “beefed” up with some cracker crumbs since I only had 1/2 cup of pistachios left. You may use 1 cup of pistachios in this recipe, if you like.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 18-20 mins
Rest Time: 5 mins
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pistachios – crushed in food processor
- 1/2 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk + 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika powder – I use La Chinata Sweet Smoked Paprika Powder
- a few dashed Chipotle pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat large oven proof frying pan on stove on medium heat with 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Rinse pork tenderloin under cold water and pat dry. Place in a large plate.
- Prepare “assembly line” of coatings for the crust of the tenderloin. Firstly, pour 2 tbsp milk into plate with pork tenderloin.
- Secondly, combine flour in a large dinner plate with a lip, wide bottomed bowl or baking dish, with 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder and some freshly cracked black pepper and stir.
- Next, crack egg in a wide bottomed bowl and whisk with a fork and combine 1/4 cup milk and whisk with fork again until evenly combined.
- Lastly, in a food processor crush up pistachios combined with cracker crumbs, Chipotle pepper powder, 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika powder and some more freshly cracked black pepper. * Tip: My pistachios & crackers were salted, so I didn’t add more salt to my mixture, but if yours are not salted, do add about 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Roll pork tenderloin in the milk to coat it all over its surface, then roll it in the flour mixture to coat evenly all over its surface, shaking any excess off. Next, it dips into the egg mixture to coat it all over evenly. Lastly, roll the tenderloin, being gentle when you touch it so as not to remove the coating with your fingers or a utensil. Be sure the tenderloin is completely coated with a gorgeous pistachio crust.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- When large frying pan on stove is preheated, gently place coated pork tenderloin into the pan releasing the tip of the end of the pork tenderloin away from you, so as not to splash oil on yourself, but away from you.
- Pan fry on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on the first side or until golden brown. Gently flip with tongs and put oven proof frying pan into oven to finish roasting the pork tenderloin – approximately 8-10 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven when crust of tenderloin is brown and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees in the center of the meat. Place on cutting board and cover with aluminum foil loosely for 5 minutes to allow the juices to rest.
- Slice pork tenderloin on a bias against the grain and serve with tasty side dishes. This day, I made Saffron Mushroom Rice.
I hope you enjoy this Pork Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- Web Chef Review: La Chinata Smoked Sweet Paprika Powder
- How to Cook Smoked Paprika Mushroom Rice
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Chicken Quarters