How to Roast Leg of Lamb:
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Roast Time: approximately 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hrs, depending on how well done you prefer your meat
Yield: 12 servings
- one 8 – 10 lb leg of lamb
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves – cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 12 tsp rosemary – minced
- 3 – 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat leg of lamb to dry.
- Pierce lamb in several places, and insert slivers of garlic into each slot, just under the skin.
- Rub olive oil all over lamb, and dredge with flour, pepper, salt & rosemary. * Tip: By dredging in this fashion you will get a nice brown crust on the meat that will help to seal the moisture inside the meat.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan, and roast for 5 min. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F, and roast until internal temperature of meat reaches 160 degrees F for medium cooked, and juices run clear when pricked. * Tip: If I am not sure of the degree of doneness, I cut a tiny wedge out of the meat and if the color is to my liking – it is roasted to perfection.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with an aluminum tent, and allow to rest for 15 – 20 min before carving.
These instructions for How to Roast Leg of Lamb are simple and the result is a beautifully roasted meal.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Lamb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to BBQ Leg of Lamb: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Roast Filet of Beef Tenderloin
- How to Broil Lamb Chops + Video
- How to Bake Lamb with Oregano in Parchment
- How to Roast Garlic