As a great fan of parchment paper & the foods baked with it, I am amazed at the flavors released from compatible herbs.
Also, absorbed are the vegetables or fruit flavors you might add inside the parchment.
Using parchment, and as a part of your Fall menu, is baked lamb with oregano.
Baked Lamb with Oregano in Parchment:
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve with: any fabulous side dish, and a Greek salad
Prep Time: 12 min
Bake Time: ~ 1 hr
- 4 thick slices lamb leg or chop
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – if desired
- 4 sprigs oregano
- red pepper slices
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut 4 parchment papers large enough to enclose the meat, plus about 4 inches extra on all sides.
- Place meat in center of papers and brush with olive oil. Garlic studs from a fresh clove of garlic can be pushed into the meat, if desired.
- Scatter oregano on meat. Season with salt & pepper to your taste. Add some lemon juice, to your taste. Add slices of red peppers and a few sprinkled mushrooms.
- Close parchment into pouches by pulling edges over and crimping them together all the way around the package.
- Place parcels on a cookie sheet. Ensure there will be no leakage from packages.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 min. Reduce to 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Lamb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Leg of Lamb: Easter Surprises
- How to Cook Lavender Lamb Loin Chops: Upscale Superbowl Treats
- How to Broil Lamb Chops + Video
- How to Cook ‘Perfect Taste’ Dry Rub Baked Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to Make Healthy Creamy Herb Salad Dressing