Roast Medallions of Sweet Potato are on the menu, and they’re ridiculously easy to make.
Sweet potatoes really develop their flavor as they are roasted or grilled, as their sugars caramelize, but they can take a while to roast off, since they are dense & quite thick.
In lieu of getting these sweet potato medallions on the grill, the smoked paprika powder used in this recipe will have your taste buds satiated with smokey flavors, almost tricking you into thinking it’s grilled.
How to Roast Sweet Potato Medallions:
This bright fleshed root vegetable can really add to your menu by playing off savory ingredients with their sweetness, creating culinary poetry on your Fall or Winter plate.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: butter
Prep Time: 8 min
Roast Time: ~ 30 – 40 min
Serves: 3-4 people
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of “Cooking with Kimberly“:
- 1 – 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika powder – I use La Chinata Hot Smoked Paprika Powder
- salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 4 – 5 freshly cracked long peppercorns – to taste; I used Epicureal Long Pepper
- 1 tbsp butter – to baste
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potato & peel, if desired. * Tip: If it’s difficult to use a potato peeler to peel the sweet potato, due to an irregular shape, use a sharp paring knife to finish the job.
- Slice 1 – 1 1/2 inch thick medallions, making circular pieces, cutting all the way down the length of the sweet potato.
- Place sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl, and coat with olive oil.
- If using peppercorns, use a mortar & pestle or grinder to crush peppercorns. Sprinkle pepper, salt, smoked paprika on sweet potatoes and toss to evenly coat.
- Arrange medallions on a greased cookie sheet, and roast in oven on 360 degrees F for 20 – 25 min.
- Return to oven, and broil sweet potatoes for 3 – 4 min.
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites + Video
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Cook Sweet Potato Sticks in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Kohlrabi + Video
- How to Cook Rice with Bacon, Tomato & Sweet Potato