If you weren’t sold by the fabulously simply awesome flavor of the Wild Blueberry Tea from Prince Edward Island I featured previously, then try out this amazing tea making it cold…
…Iced Tea is on the menu today, but not just ANY iced tea. Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea!
Be ready to awaken your taste buds.
Type: Tea Recipe
Serve With: sugar or honey, if desired.
Prep Time: 3 min
Steep/Brew Time: 5 mins
Yield: ~ 1 Gallon Pitcher
* The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 1 Wild Blueberry tea bag
- 2 black tea bags – I prefer PG Tips brand
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 clementines – substitute: 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon – * optional
- 1 gallon water – filtered, if possible.
- Boil a kettle of water on stove.
- In a large pitcher, roughly 1 gallon in size, add sugar, and drop in tea bags.
- Wash under lukewarm water with soap, the citrus fruit. Roll on the counter with a little weight on top of them to prepare them to juice. Juice 2 clementines & 1/2 lemon, if desired. Pour into pitcher, removing any pits, and adding desired amount of pulp. Add empty shells of clementines and lemon, if desired, as essential oils from the skin will infuse the tea with more flavors.
- Once water has boiled, you may use full boiling temperature and pour entire kettle of water into pitcher, and set timer for 5 minutes to steep.
- Stir gently until sugar has completely dissolved.
- After 5 minutes is up, remove tea bags and clementine and orange peels from pitcher and discard.
- Fill pitcher up to top with either cold water or add ice cubes, if necessary. This will give you the right strength for the iced tea, as well as cool down the brew faster. Store in refrigerator and/or serve over ice.
This recipe would be marvelous mixed with a shot of bourbon, rum or vodka in the summertime!
I hope you enjoy this Citrus Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea + Video
- How to Brew Cranberry Lemon Oil Iced Tea from Scratch
- How to Make Orange Cardamom Iced Tea + Video
- How to Brew Rose Water Iced Tea + Video
- Web Chef Review: Lipton Cold Brew Tea Bags