This is a lovely recipe perfect for the Holidays as an iced tea, but can be heated up as a hot tea as well to enjoy fire-side.
Now, the recipe calls a cranberry syrup, also called cordial. I have included the link to the recipe and the cooking video tutorial for How to Make Cranberry Cordial.
Only the peels or “shells” of the lemons are used in this recipe, and not in the typical way I often do it. What I wanted to do was create a nuance of the lemon flavour, instead of adding the juice & pulp, also making the iced tea more tangy, which wasn’t what I was thinking about…
…Also, when I make, for instance, my Lemon Oil Iced Tea, I brew the tea with the lemon peels in the boiled water to extract as much of the lemon oil as possible.
In this recipe, I don’t add the peels to the water directly boiled because it can create a little bit of a different more tangy, but bitter taste otherwise. So, I didn’t want that to overcome the cranberry flavors of this special Holiday iced tea.
Type: Tea Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Brew Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 gallon
- 2 cups cranberry cordial
- 1 lemon – washed with soap & water; minus juice
- 2 black tea bags – I use orange pekoe PG Tips.
- ~ 16 cups water
- Boil a kettle of water on stove.
- In a large pitcher, roughly 1 gallon in size, add cranberry cordial, and drop in tea bags.
- Once water has boiled, you may use full boiling temperature and pour entire kettle of water into pitcher, and set timer for 5 minutes to steep.
- After 5 minutes is up, remove tea bags from pitcher and add lemon peels.
- Fill pitcher up to top with either cold water or add ice cubes, if necessary. This will give you the right strength for the iced tea, as well as cool down the brew faster. Store in refrigerator and/or serve over ice.
- Take lemon peels out after an 8-10 hr period, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this Cranberry Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea
- How to Brew Rose Water Iced Tea
- How to Make Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea
- How to Make Orange Cardamom Iced Tea
- How to Make Ginger Lemon Iced Tea from Scratch