We all know I’m a tea lover, and I’m constantly switching up flavors at my house.
Today, I’m going to show you a simple, yet ever-so-tasty recipe for How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea.
All you need are a few simple ingredients for something plainly delicious.
Type: Tea Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Brew Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 gallon
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- ~ 16 cups water
- 2 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 empty lemons – no juice, just peel
- Boil a kettle of water on stove.
- In a large pitcher, roughly 1 gallon in size, add sugar, and drop in tea bags.
- Wash under lukewarm water with soap, the lemons. Roll them on the counter with a little weight on top of them to prepare them to juice. Juice the lemons, if desired. Pour into pitcher, removing any pits, and adding desired amount of pulp. Add empty shells of lemons, as essential oils from the skin will infuse the tea with more flavors.
- Once water has boiled, you may use full boiling temperature and pour entire kettle of water into pitcher, and set timer for 5 minutes to steep.
- Stir gently until sugar has completely dissolved.
- After 5 minutes is up, remove tea bags and lemon peels from pitcher and discard.
- Fill pitcher up to top with either cold water or add ice cubes, if necessary. This will give you the right strength for the iced tea, as well as cool down the brew faster. Store in refrigerator and/or serve over ice.
I hope you enjoy this Lemon Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Need a hand juicer? Grab one here:
- How to Brew Cranberry Lemon Oil Iced Tea from Scratch
- How to Make Orange Cardamom Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Ginger Lemon Iced Tea from Scratch + Video
- How to Brew Rose Water Iced Tea + Video