As you may already know from following me here @ CookingWithKimberly.com, I love tea…I am a tea connoisseur of sorts. LOL
When it starts becoming warm outside, I start craving iced tea…The same goodness of my favorite tea, PG Tips, but cold with amazing flavors!
Now, here is my most basic, but so amazing all on it’s own, Southern-Style Sweet Brewed Iced Tea Recipe, if you want to start off slowly with the flavors.
Today, I am making my very first iced tea pitcher this season. It’s nice and warm outside and I’m so excited to share this with you all.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Serve With: You can make an alcoholic version of this drink by adding 1 shot of your favorite liquor to a 16 oz highball.
Prep Time: 10 min
Brew Time: 5 min
Yield: 16 cups
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 4 tea bags – I use PG Tips orange pekoe black tea
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger – sliced
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups sugar
- ~ 16 cups water
- Boil ~ 8-10 cups water in a pot, or as much as you can fill your kettle with.
- Using a natural vegetable/fruit spray cleaner, spray lemon and oranges, and rinse under cool water.
- In large pitcher (one that is able to hold at least 16 cups of liquid), combine sugar, 4 tea bags, ginger, juice of the lemon, and the empty halves of the lemon.
- Once water has boiled, pour into pitcher and stir to dissolve sugar. Only leave tea bags and citrus halves in for 5 min maximum.
- Remove tea bags & citrus halves and discard, or use for compost.
- Fill pitcher to top with ~ 6 more cups of cool water. * Tip: To cool tea quicker, use ice cubes in place of cool water.
- Serve & Enjoy in an frosty glass.
Enjoy this iced tea on a gorgeous, sunny day!
I hope you enjoyed this Tea Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Brew Kimberly’s Southern-Style Sweet Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea + Video
- How to Brew Cranberry Lemon Oil Iced Tea from Scratch
- How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Orange Cardamom Iced Tea + Video