If you are a regular viewer of my show or reader of the “How to Cook” Blog here @ CookingWithKimberly.com, then you know I’m a tea lover.
There is always a pitcher of iced tea in my refrigerator, and I often like to play around with the flavors using different types of teas, spices, sweeteners and fruits.
This is another great recipe that will “knock your socks off” that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Type: Tea Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Brew Time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 gallon
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- ~ 16 cups water – use filtered, if you are able.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 orange – juiced
- 8-10 cardamom pods
- 2 orange pekoe black tea bags – I prefer PG Tips brand.
- Boil a kettle of water on stove.
- In a large pitcher, roughly 1 gallon in size, add sugar, and drop in tea bags.
- Wash under lukewarm water with soap, the orange. Roll on the counter with a little weight on top of them to prepare them to juice. Juice the orange, if desired. Pour into pitcher, removing any pits, and adding desired amount of pulp. Add empty shells of orange, if desired, as essential oils from the skin will infuse the tea with more flavors.
- Once water has boiled, you may use full boiling temperature and pour entire kettle of water into pitcher, and set timer for 5 minutes to steep.
- Stir gently until sugar has completely dissolved.
- After 5 minutes is up, remove tea bags and orange peels from pitcher and discard.
- Fill pitcher up to top with either cold water or add ice cubes, if necessary. This will give you the right strength for the iced tea, as well as cool down the brew faster. Store in refrigerator and/or serve over ice.
I hope you enjoy this Citrus Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea + Video
- How to Brew Rose Water Iced Tea + Video
- How to Brew Cranberry Lemon Oil Iced Tea from Scratch
- How to Make Homemade Lemonade + Video