When you try this recipe for How to Grill Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Chicken, you will return to this recipe time after time because it is so delicious and packed with flavor.
Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Sauce is thick, containing ingredients that impart amazing complexity to your dishes causing your taste buds to beg for seconds and more.
Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Chicken:
Type: Entrée Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking time: 30 – 45 min – depending on grill temperature & size of chicken quarters
Yield: 4 – 6 servings – I like to grill more chicken than I need for snacks or sandwiches the next day.
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 4 chicken quarters – separate drums from thighs & patted dry
- 1/3 cup Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dozen freshly ground peppercorns
- Lightly oil or spray your BBQ grill.
- Preheat BBQ grill to medium-high – about 400 degrees F.
- Place all chicken parts into a large resealable bag. Add in the Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Sauce, olive oil, chili flakes, bay leaf and ground peppercorns. Close bag. Move all ingredients around by squeezing the bag and gently shaking it, to coat all the chicken parts.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 min or longer refrigerated, if you wish.
- Arrange chicken parts, skin side down, on the barbeque grill and allow to remain until distinct grill marks form, then turn each piece 1/4 turn to create crosshatch marks – this takes about 8 – 10 min. Turn over and do the same on the other side of each of the chicken drums and thighs.
- Reserve the rest of the marinade left in the bag for basting.
- Tip: If you don’t have enough marinade, brush on more of the BBQ sauce during cooking.
- Move the chicken parts over to the indirect heat area of the grill and allow chicken to cook. If you are using briquet coals to heat your barbeque, scrape the coals to one side and place the chicken on the side without the coals. Reduce heat in the barbeque to medium, or low if necessary, and close the lid to keep the heat in, allowing the inside of the chicken meat to cook.
- Baste with BBQ sauce from time to time.
- Check every 10 min or so to be sure the temperature is where you want it. If needed, baste, and after about 20 min, use a knife to gently cut into the largest piece of meat and make sure there are no red or pink areas close to the bone. If necessary, continue cooking until meat is done.
- Transfer chicken drums and thighs to a large tray and serve.
- Note: You may wish to use more sauce for dipping but it is not entirely necessary.
I hope you come to enjoy this Grilled Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Chicken as much as we do.
- Web Chef Review: Napa Jack’s Chipotle Cabernet BBQ Sauce
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Bourbon BBQ Pork Side Ribs + Video
- How to Cook Napa Jack’s Oven-Roasted BBQ Chicken Drumsticks + Video
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Sweet & Smoky Pork Rib Chops + Video
- How to Grill Napa Jack’s Chipotle & Honey Rubbed Corn-on-the-Cob + Video