A steaming platter of Savory Ham & Mushroom Tartlets gives you a true Fall feeling.
These little tidbits use any sliced bread rolled out and cut into rounds for your crust.
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres, but you may end up eating a bunch of them for a meal because they are so good.
A winning combination of substance, but still a terrific appetizer.
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Serve with: sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley, on a bed of fresh parsley & basil – Beautiful!
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 8 – 10 min
Cool Time: 4 – 5 min
- sliced bread
- finely chopped ham – preferably from a home cooked ham
- Summer savory
- sauteed mushrooms
- heavy cream
- salt – lightly to taste; be careful, as ham is salty – go light
- pepper – to taste
- dash cayenne pepper
- Sautee mushrooms in a frying pan with olive oil or butter, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Taking any sliced bread, cut 2 rounds out of each slice. Either roll them out with a rolling pin or push them into tartlet baking trays freehand making shells.
- Bake until golden brown in a 400 degree F oven. Take out and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Fill shells with ham, a sprinkle of savory, sauteed mushrooms and heavy cream, seasoned with salt, pepper & cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 8 – 10 min at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from trays and serving.
Serve on a platter with freshly harvested parsley & basil. Gorgeous presentation and fragrant as well.
Yet another beautiful Fall appetizer you will surely enjoy making, and they’re quick too.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Mushroom Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Hors d’Oeuvres: Wild Mushroom Tassies
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Pepper, Ham & Cheese Omelet
- How to Cook Stewed Tomatoes: National Tomato Month
- How to Make Vichyssoise Soup: National Vichyssoise Day
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Creamy Corn Casserole