Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: With a Holiday Feast or for a great everyday side dish
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 45 min
Yield: 9 x 13′ casserole dish – About 6-8 servings
- 15 oz whole kernel corn – or equivalent frozen corn kernels
- 15 oz creamed style corn
- 3/4 cup butter – melted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup onion – finely chopped
- 1 egg – beaten
- 8 oz corn bread mix – I prefer Jiffy brand; or use only the dry ingredients from my recipe for Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste; be careful if you used the ingredients from the corn bread recipe I gave because you’ll already have enough salt.
- * 3/4 cup cheddar cheese – optional; grated, medium
- * sprinkle paprika – optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, creamed corn, melted butter, beaten egg, sour cream, heavy cream, onion, corn bread mix, salt and pepper. * Tip: Here’s the dry ingredients from my Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread recipe, which can be used in place of the Jiffy cornbread mix.
- Pour into a greased 9′ x 13′ baking dish and bake for about 45 min or until golden in color.
- If desired, top with cheddar cheese and sprinkle with paprika, and return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve as a fabulous side dish and Enjoy!
Ooh-wee, my mouth is watering just thinking about this one! I can’t wait until Thursday (Thanksgiving)!
I hope you enjoy this Corn Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
- How to Bake Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread from Scratch
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Southern Hot Water Cornbread
- The Side Dishes of Thanksgiving – At a Glance
- How to Bake Sweet Cornbread Muffins from Scratch
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Kicked-up Texas Frito Pie