Mushroom Wine Sauce is a favorite in our household!
We make it often & various versions of it. This night, we made a Filet of Beef Tenderloin that we enjoyed this sauce on top of.
How to Cook Mushroom Wine Sauce:
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve with: Filet of Beef Tenderloin
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 2 cups
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms – sliced
- 3/4 cup beef stock – hot
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 tbsp parsley – minced
- salt & pepper – to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream – optional
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add & stir while cooking, sliced mushrooms.
- Add hot beef stock and red wine with minced parsley to the skillet, and simmer for 10 min. It will reduce somewhat.
- Add salt & pepper, to taste, and fresh lemon juice.
- You may also opt to add heavy cream at this point.
- Serve with roasted filet of beef tenderloin, any steak or filet mignon.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Mushroom Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Filet of Beef Tenderloin
- How to Cook Mushrooms with Port Wine and Balsamic Sauce
- How to Cook Mushroom Risotto: Upscale SuperBowl Treats
- How to Cook ‘You’ll Never Believe It’s Healthy’ Creamy Mushroom Linguine
- How to Cook It: National Chicken Cacciatore Day