The most common ways to cook puddings are baking, steaming, or cooking on the stove top. Steaming is quite efficient, and cooking on the stove top is likely quicker. Baked puddings are always heartier.
How to Bake Bread Pudding:
My recipe for bread pudding involves baking the item.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: vanilla ice cream
Prep Time: 10 min
Soak Time: 40 min
Bake Time: ~ 1 hr
- 16 – 20 oz sliced bread – stale is preferable
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup apple – peeled, choped
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- a pinch salt
- 1/4 heavy cream, whipped cream or ice cream – to top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a large, deep baking casserole.
- Trim crusts off bread and cut into cubes.
- Spread bread in the prepared baking casserole.
- Scatter raisins over bread, as well as chopped, peeled apple.
- In a bowl, mix together, eggs, whole milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, nutmeg & salt.
- Pour mixture over bread, and allow to stand for 40 min. * Tip: Press bread down to assist in the absorption of liquid.
- Bake in a water bath for 5 min at 375 degrees F. Then, reduce oven to 350 degrees F for about 50 min or until inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
This is best served warm with whipped cream, ice cream or 1/4 cup heavy cream over the top.
This bread pudding recipe is some serious baked deliciousness.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Bread Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Sweet Potato Chai Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Indian Pudding: National Indian Pudding Day
- Pudding Season Begins: Try Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Island Bread Pudding Recipe
- How to Bake Smores Bread Pudding