All of those yummy spices that make your house smell like a home at Christmas, root vegetables, soups & chowders, stews & chilies…
Tonight, I made Pan Sauteed Caramelized Apples as a side dish to my Pork Sirloin Chops served with Boiled Potatoes & Carrots, and Grilled Corn. Killer Dinner!
With smells of cinnamon and butter, what isn’t there to love with these Fall season apple side dish recipe.
I love serving apple side dishes with pork meals, as they are such a great accompaniment.
I know you’ll be crazy about this “Fall find”!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve With: as a side dish with pork meals
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 6-8 mins
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 large apples – washed, peeled, cored, sliced, chunked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat with 2 tbsp butter.
- Wash, peel, core, slice and chunk each slice in half, and add to frying pan.
- Sprinkle spices on top and allow to pan saute for about 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add brown sugar and allow to cook down for an additional 3-4 minutes, evenly coating the apples.
- Serve warm as a side dish with a pork meal.
I hope you enjoy this Apple Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Pear Sauce
- How to Make Great Applesauce: It’s National Apple Month
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Baked Apples in National Apple Month
- How to Make Grilled Honey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches