Tiny cabbages with salty bacon, sweet apple & browned potatoes is just right alongside a hearty entree.
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Potato & Apples:
On this night, we prepared a wonderful entree of pork chops stuffed with ricotta, spices & apple. The apple theme will be carried through from the main course to the side dish. A nice way to sweeten up your side dish!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 12 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 12 whole Brussel sprouts – rinsed & trimmed
- 3 – 4 slices bacon – cooked, crisp & crumbled
- 1 – 2 potatoes – cooked
- 1/2 apple – firm, peeled & cored, chopped
- salt & pepper – to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp parsley – fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- Wash sprouts & remove outside discolored or thick looking leaves, and trim off a small amount of the stem.
- In a covered sauce pan, bring sprouts to a boil in about 1 inch of lightly salted water, and cook until they are knife tender – about 10 or 15 minutes. When sprouts reach a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cut apple into small cubes.
- Cut cooked or roasted potatoes into small cubes.
- In saute pan, fry bacon until crispy and blot fat off on paper towels. When bacon has cooled, crumble into bits. * Tip: Reserve left over bacon fat.
- Into a clean saute pan, add about 1 tbsp of the reserved bacon fat and heat with 1 tbsp butter on medium high heat.
- Brown potatoes & apples together.
- Season with pepper & salt, to taste.
- Add in the parsley and crumbled bacon and heat through.
- Add in the hot Brussel sprouts.
- Serve in a hot bowl.
These luscious Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Potato & Apple is lovely served with out Apple & Ricotta Stuffed Pork Chops or with any other main dish.
I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Brussel Sprouts & Chestnuts
- How to Cook Rice with Bacon, Tomato & Sweet Potato
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes
- How to Cook Quick Baked Potatoes in the Microwave
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes