I was very glad to have remembered that we took out a pork tenderloin to defrost for dinner tonight, and it was ready for me to cook, and relatively quickly.
This Crusted Pork Loin Recipe is one you’ll love to recreate over and over again, hopefully experimenting with different spices and the like. In addition, this is a technique you’ll embrace after you experience how lovely it is to have a crusty pork tenderloin with tender, juicy meat inside.
Some people enjoy eating pork slightly pink, and a tenderloin is the perfect instrument to accomplish accommodating everyone’s tastes in a household. As the pork tenderloin is cylindrical or conical in shape, it tapers to one end, allowing the pork to cook further at one end than on the thicker end. With a little practice and a little gut intuition, you’ll be able to determine the perfect time to cook your pork tenderloin to satisfy your entire household.
Serve this tenderloin with side dishes that are worthy of its flavor. Tonight, I served up simple, yet perfect peas, and Smoked Paprika Mushroom Rice.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 20-22 mins
Rest Time: 5 mins
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp bacon fat + 2 tbsp olive oil (or you can use all 4 tbsp of either one)
- ~ 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ~ 1/4 tsp salt
- a few dashes cayenne pepper
- seasoning salt – optional; I used Baker’s Ribs BBQ Rub
- Rinse pork tenderloin under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat a large oven-proof frying pan on the stove top on medium heat with 2 tbsp bacon fat + 2 tbsp olive oil.
- In a large baking or casserole dish that can fit the piece of tenderloin in easily, combine flour and spices and evenly mix.
- Dredge pork tenderloin in flour mixture on all sides and shake any excess off into the dish below.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once pan is preheated, brown pork tenderloin on all sides, which will take a few minutes per side.
- For good measure, place frying pan with tenderloin in oven for 5-7 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and place on cutting board covered with a loose “tent” of aluminum foil for 5 minutes to allow tenderloin to rest in order to retain the juices.
- Slice on a bias, against the grain, into medallions and serve with tasty side dishes.
* On a side note: I can’t wait to show you, tell you and cook with Aunt Carla’s Boosh! Yay!
I hope you enjoy this Pork Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Chipotle, Smoked Paprika & Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- How to Cook Crusted Pork Loin Chops
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Spicy Caramelized Apples
- How to Cook a Pork Loin Roast in the Oven
- How to Cook Apricot Honey Ham