I certainly didn’t want to waste them, so I decided to make an amazing Pear Sauce, just like you would cook an apple sauce.
This is a great Fall-time treat, made very similarly to a Fall favorite recipe.
Be creative…You can make nectarine sauce, peach sauce, even sauces with berries that are marvelous.
Try them out…Why not? Yummy!
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve With: Side dish of pork, as a snack, breakfast, dessert
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 6 pears
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey or brown sugar – if needed or desired
- 1 cup lukewarm tea or water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 dashes salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- sugar – if necessary
- Preheat a medium saucepan on medium heat with butter.
- Wash, peel if desired, core and cut into approximately 1″ chunks.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir frequently over approximately 30-40 mins or until pears have broken down into an even textured sauce, or leave chunks for a texture you enjoy.
- Serve as a side dish, as a snack or a breakfast start.
I hope you enjoy this Pear Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make Classic Cinnamon Toast
- How to Grill Pumpkin on the BBQ
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Spicy Caramelized Apples
- How to Cook Terrific Mashed Turnip
- How to Cook Kasper Family German Holiday Moos