What could be creepier than Eyeball Meatballs with Sauce for a spooky Halloween surprise!
What a cool & interesting way to make a spooky appetizer or entrée. Plus, they are so easy to make & are quite tasty too!
Serve with a red pasta sauce on the side for dipping or if you are serving a meal, use some of the beet pasta so the pasta looks more spooky. Accompany dinner with some Mummy Garlic Bread prepared per our recipe.
Eyeball Meatballs with Sauce:
Try mixing up the choice of cheese. Maybe you can try blue cheese, as it would look extra frightening with the blue veins running through your eyeball meatballs.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: as many as you desire
- meatballs – Please see any one of my meatball recipes I have shared.
- spices – of your choice
- mozzarella balls
- stuffed olives – sliced
- Prepare & cook meatballs as you usually would.
- After cooking, cut out a small divot from each meatball and insert a small mozzarella ball in the opening.
- Press in a slice of a small olive, so the meatballs all look like ghoulish eyeballs.
- You can leave the piece of pimento in with the slice, if desired, as it is really striking.
Happy Halloween & enjoy serving up Eyeball Meatballs with Sauce!
- How to Bake Witch Finger Breadsticks: Halloween Treats
- How to Cook Impromptu Linguine with Meatballs: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Chicken Meatballs + Video
- How to Cook Meatballs
- It’s National Pasta Day: Try Fettuccine with Cream Sauce