This night, I was intending to make pasta with Chicken Meatballs!
How to Cook Chicken Meatballs:
I often omit adding an egg to my burger recipes, as it causes me to have to add more dry ingredients like bread crumbs.
If the meat is too wet, the burgers won’t stick together properly when cooking them. Also, adding more breadcrumbs, takes away from the flavor of the meat.
However, when you are trying to make the meat stretch for a family, adding an egg and crumbs boosts up the servings of burgers.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: pasta & sauce
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 45 min – 1 hr
Yield: Serves 2
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs – or cracker crumbs
- salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Sea Salt with Red Wine
- pepper – to taste; I used Drogheria Four Peppers Grinder
- red chili flakes – to taste; I used Drogheria Organic Chili Grinder
- 2 tbsp olive oil – for frying pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except olive oil, until evenly worked through.
- Form meatballs about the size of a toonie ($2 Canadian coin) by rolling it between both palms. Repeat with all of the meat mixture. * Tip: If you don’t need that many meatballs, you can make them and freeze them for next time, or form burgers & freeze.
- Preheat large frying pan with olive oil on medium heat.
- Brown meatballs on all sides – about 8 min, or until cooked through the center of the meatballs, and there’s no pink colored meat. * Tip: Don’t overcrowd pan. If necessary, brown them in 2 batches. * Tip: Use 2 forks, tongs or by shake the pan back & forth to turn meatballs.
- Drain, if necessary, on paper towels.
- Serve with pasta & sauce, or in meatball sandwiches.
How to cook chicken meatballs is no longer a mystery!
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Meatballs
- How to BBQ Spicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers + Video
- How to Cook Meatballs & Gravy + Video
- How to Perfectly Sear a Chicken Breast
- How to Cook Impromptu Linguine with Meatballs: Cupboard Cooking