It’s National Pasta Day and we’re going to have a great time eating it too…
Pasta invites any number of sauces to carry and add to untold flavors. From dried to homemade pasta, they are all delicious dishes.
Generally, count on 4 – 5 ounces per person, when serving as a main dish.
It’s important to cook all pasta in plenty of boiling water, about 5 – 7 quarts per pound of pasta.
How to Cook Fettuccine with Cream Sauce:
It’s a good idea to have everything prepared prior to starting, as this is a Quick Meal.
It’s easy to make, but you certainly don’t want to overcook the pasta. So, pay good attention after about 5 minutes of boiling.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve with: fresh, crusty Italian bread & Parmesan cheese
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: about 15 min
Serves: 4 people
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 3/4 cup butter – melted
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic – whole
- 1 tsp salt + to taste
- pepper – to taste
- red chili flakes – optional
- Boil pasta in a stock pot with plenty of water with 1 tsp salt and 1 bay leaf for roughly 8 min. Cook to al dente.
- Strain, return to pot & reserve with a quick splash of olive oil stirred in.
- Combine rest of ingredients in a large frying pan on medium heat and stir for 5 min.
- Remove bay leaf and garlic clove.
- Serve sauce on top of reserved cooked fettuccine.
Serve with extra Parmesan cheese, red chili flakes and fresh, crusty Italian bread to sop up your sauce. Mmm…
National Pasta Day is going to be delicious!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Pasta Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Pappardelle with Oxtail in Light Stewed Tomato Sauce – What Did Kimberly Eat?
- Facts on Pastas & Noodles: National Pasta Month
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Low Fat Rigatoni Primavera
- How to Cook End-of-Summer Pasta Primavera with Shrimp
- How to Cook Impromptu Linguine with Meatballs: Cupboard Cooking