Now, if you live way up North like I do, there is a ton of snow & ice covering my BBQ outside…So, I’m roasting instead.
How to Cook Brisket-Style Pork Loin Roast:
This pork loin is dry rubbed & then braised to perfection in the oven to yield a super tasty result…
A spicy, flavorful crust on the outside, moist meat on the inside, and some great liquid leftover to spoon over your sliced pork or potatoes is what you’ll have. You could also make a gravy from the liquid, if you so desire.
Type: Entrée Recipe
Serve with: bacon mashed potatoes
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15-20 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 pork loin roast
- 2 cups beer or stock
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 heaping tbsp Ancho chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 heaping tsp sweet smoked paprika powder
- Score the fat side of meat with sharp knife. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, black pepper, Ancho chili powder, ground cumin, mustard, salt, cayenne pepper, and smoked paprika. Mix well.
- Place the meat in a baking dish and massage it generously with the rub. Set aside for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Into a greased baking pan, transfer the meat. Pour 1 – 1 1/2 inches of beer or stock into the pan, around the roast, not on the roast.
- Put mustard seeds, bay leaf, and clove into the liquid.
- Pop the baking pan in the oven & cook for 2 – 2 1/2 hrs or until done, checking every 30 min to make sure that there is enough liquid.
- After 40 min, loosely tent meat with foil to avoid burning, turn the oven down to 325 degrees F and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165 – 170 degrees F.
- Remove the meat from oven, tent with foil and let it rest for 5-10 min before carving.
- Slice & serve hot with mashed potatoes.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone!
I hope you enjoy this Sports Tailgating Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Cherry Tea Braised Pork Loin + Video
- How to Make a Dry Rub for Pork Loin + Video
- How to Cook a Pork Loin Roast in the Oven
- How to Roast Pulled Pork + Video
- How to Cook Beef Pot Roast