National Raisin Bran Cereal Day is November 15th, and this recipe for Raisin Bran Muffins is just marvelous.
Aside from the nutrition facts about bran cereal, what could be better than combining bran with raisins.
All grains are actually the fruits of grasses. Their structure is made up of 3 parts – bran, germ & endosperm with bran consisting of the outer shell.
Bran is very fibrous – a very important quality to keep one regular & helps to avoid such difficulties as it scours the insides of your intestines, thus cleansing the system & moving toxins & waste from your body.
Bran cereals are readily available in supermarkets & raisin bran can easily be included in bran muffins, making bran muffins even more delicious.
Bran muffins are a favorite, and so much better if you custom make them to your family’s preference.
How to Bake Raisin Bran Muffins:
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve with: softened butter
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 23 – 28 min
Cool Time: 4 – 5 min
Yields: 16 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups All Bran or Raisin Bran
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 3 – 5 tbsp butter – melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nuts – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, All Bran or Raisin Bran, sugar, baking soda & salt.
- In another mixing bowl, mix & beat in buttermilk, molasses, eggs, butter & vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix only as much as absolutely necessary to create a wet mixture. * Tips: If you wish to include nuts, fold them in just before dry mixture is moist. I prefer to fold dry into wet ingredients with a wooden spoon or wooden paddle. This way, you won’t be inclined to over-mix your batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tins & bake for 23 – 28 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 4 – 5 min before removing from the pan & cool on a rack.
These muffins are best eaten within 3 or 4 hours after baking.
National Raisin Bran Cereal Day is here, and you don’t have eat it with milk every time…bake some muffins!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Muffin Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Blueberry Burst Muffins
- How to Bake Great Oatmeal Muffins: Oatmeal Muffin Day
- How to Bake Fluffy Southern Corn Muffins
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins