This recipe for Blueberry Burst Muffins will be a truly delicious surprise.
How to Bake Blueberry Burst Muffins:
When I was a child, there was nothing like coming home from school and walking into the kitchen filled with the aroma of my Mother baking something oh-so-good.
Type: Muffin Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 20 – 25 min
Yield: about 10 muffins
Below you will find two sets of ingredients – one for the muffins, and one for the blueberry filling.
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries – fresh or frozen
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract – I used Epicureal Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract.
Below, you will find instructions for both the blueberry filling, making & baking the muffins.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine half of filling blueberries, corn starch, sugar and water.
- Stir blueberry mixture into melted butter and increase heat slightly. Stir until sugar has dissolved completely – about 30 seconds only.
- Mash until blueberries have been crushed. Stir well and remove from heat.
- Stir the rest of filling blueberries, without crushing, into heated mixture.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
Serve and enjoy that extra pop of blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine oil, eggs, milk and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients, mixing until just barely moistened.
- Fold 1 1/4 cups of the blueberries into the batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups until 1/4 full.
- Place about 1 tsp full of blueberry filling into the center of each muffin cup, dividing the filling evenly among all the muffin cups.
- Fill the muffin cups with the remaining batter, so each muffin cup is 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 – 25 min or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 10 min before removing muffins to a wire rack.
Serve and enjoy these fruity, luscious Blueberry Burst Muffins with softened butter to melt into every crevasse.
- How to Bake Fluffy Southern Corn Muffins
- How to Bake Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins
- How to Bake Great Oatmeal Muffins: Oatmeal Muffin Day
- How to Bake Blueberry Spelt Muffins
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze