I came up with this recipe on a whim and it was the perfect end to our meal – Just sweet enough and still somewhat healthy! Try my recipe for Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze…They were really delicious!
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: Honey Glaze and a cup of tea
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 12 large muffins
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Mixed Seeds – I used pumpkin seeds & black sesame seeds; you may also use nuts.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Peanut Oil – You may use vegetable oil.
- 1 Egg – beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Sour Cherries – Hulled
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift into a large mixing bowl flour, salt, sugar, baking powder & baking soda. Add seeds and stir until evenly distributed.
- In another mixing bowl, add and mix milk, egg, vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixing bowl and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Stir in sour cherries and combine gently.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins or silicone muffin pans 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tester comes out clean from center.
- With a pastry brush, coat tops of muffins with honey.
I hope you enjoyed this Dessert Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. If you don’t have silicone baking molds yet, they are so amazing – completely nonstick:
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Red M&M Muffins
- How to Bake Mango Masala Chai Quinoa Muffins
- How to Bake Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins
- How to Bake the Best Vegan Banana Pecan Muffins
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins