Oatmeal Muffin Day deserves a really great recipe that you can use over & over again, even making additions for more flair.
Oatmeal muffins are not only delicious, but the oatmeal adds a healthy grain.
If desired, any complimentary flavorful spices or fruit can be added as well, such as diced apples, chopped apricots, nuts, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, orange zest, chopped bananas, pineapple – crushed or tidbits, or even bacon bits…the list goes on…
Easy to bake, and great for a snack too.
How to Bake Great Oatmeal Muffins:
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve with: melted butter
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 23 – 25 min
Cool Time: 3 – 5 min
Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg – optional
- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk or cream
- 3/4 cup white or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter – vegetable oil is satisfactory
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a large muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg (optional) & oatmeal.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk or cream, sugar, butter or vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet mixture to flour mixture until dry ingredients are barely moistened. * Tip: Do not overmix. This batter will not be smooth. * Tip: If you wish to add fruit, nuts or bacon, add 1/2 now by quickly folding into the batter. Do not stir.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 22 – 25 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to stand 3 – 5 min before removing from pan.
- Serve as soon as possible with melted butter.
These oatmeal muffins are best eaten before 2 hours after baking.
Never be with a great oatmeal muffin on-the-ready – Happy Oatmeal Muffin Day!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Baking Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Blueberry Burst Muffins
- How to Bake Raisin Bran Muffins: National Raisin Bran Cereal Day
- How to Bake Fluffy Southern Corn Muffins
- How to Bake Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins
- How to Bake Mango Masala Chai Quinoa Muffins