If you add extra ingredients, you make the taste more complex and make these muffins something that stand alone as the perfect snack, even a part of a morning breakfast.
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 20-22 mins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Maseca – instant corn masa mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour – all-purpose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups buttermilk – or milk
- 1 tbsp butter – melted
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease with butter or bacon fat a cast iron skillet, or an 8? square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir.
- In a separate bowl break eggs and beat until frothy, then add milk or buttermilk and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until blended. Allow to sit for 10 min to soften cornmeal.
- Pour into baking dish and put in oven.
- Bake approximately 25-30 min, or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Serve with soft butter and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Corn Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store.
[tags]corn muffins, how to bake, how to bake muffins, how to bake corn muffins, fluffy corn muffins, muffin recipe, corn muffin recipe, corn bread, corn bread muffins[/tags]
- How to Bake Sweet Cornbread Muffins from Scratch
- How to Bake Sweet Jalapeno Mozzarella Cornbread Muffins
- How to Bake Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread from Scratch
- How to Bake Blueberry Burst Muffins
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins