Not that I don’t love it, it’s amazing, especially when I bake sweet cornbread from scratch.
However, tonight, I wanted that same comforting soul food recipe flavor, without the long 45 minute bake-time.
So, to solve my problem, I decided to bake sweet cornbread muffins, as it cuts the bake time in half.
Try these out. They are fantastically delicious!!!
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: as a side dish with dinner or as a snack
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 18-22 mins
Yield: 1 dozen large muffins
* Looking for the Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread Recipe?
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup creamed corn – * optional
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease with butter or bacon fat a cast iron skillet, or an 8? square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir.
- In a separate bowl break eggs and beat until frothy, then add milk or buttermilk and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until blended. Allow to sit for 10 min to soften cornmeal.
- Pour into baking dish and put in oven.
- Bake approximately 18-22 mins, or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean and muffins are golden brown.
- Serve with soft butter and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Corn Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Sweet Jalapeno Mozzarella Cornbread Muffins
- How to Bake Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread from Scratch
- How to Bake Fluffy Southern Corn Muffins
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Southern Hot Water Cornbread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Banana Muffins