Chocolate Milkshakes are one of my all-time favorite treats…
As a youngster, living on a farm, it didn’t take much to encourage me to go out with my Dad, in one of his trucks to enjoy a delicious chocolate milkshake on Friday evenings. We would sit in an old fashioned diner-type restaurant about 8 miles or so from home.
The shakes were served in huge, glass containers and made right in front of you. Generous scoops of chocolate ice cream and syrup went in first, followed by whole milk. Some special stuff in a little bag was next.
All got whizzed just the perfect amount of time, and a huge dollop of whipped cream was plopped on top with 2 maraschino cherries, if you want. In went two fat straws.
Oh my goodness…When this milkshake was served to you, it was icy cold and dripping with condensation on the outside. I can almost taste it as I sit here, but most of all I remember my Dad smiling, putting his arm around me, and I felt very happy.
More Dads should try this method of communication with their children.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Serve with: whipped cream, maraschino cherries, chocolate shavings
Prep Time: 8 min
Ingredients: to your own individual taste
- generous scoops of chocolate ice cream
- chocolate syrup – to taste
- whole milk
- maraschino cherries
- whipped cream
- ice – optional
- banana – optional
- Into a blender, scoop chocolate ice cream. The size of your blender will determine the number of scoops you’ll use. Likely 2-4 scoops.
- Add chocolate syrup to your own taste or liking – probably a few tbsp.
- Add whole milk to fill blender reservoir to maybe 3/4 full. Add some ice cubes, if you’d like to add extra hydration to your drink and make it extra cold.
- Blend for maybe 1 minute, pulsing periodically.
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
If you so desire, you may sprinkle chocolate shavings on the top of the whipped cream for a dramatic, sensationally sweet appeal.
* Tip: Try adding a banana for a whole new flavorful delight – Chocolate Banana Milkshake!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoyed this Chocolate Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae
- How to Make Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: National Sundae Day
- How to Make National Crème de Menthe Day Parfaits
- How to Make Crème de Menthe Parfaits
- National Chocolate Milk Day – Celebrate the Goodness