National Pork Month lets us celebrate “the other white meat” in tasty fashion.
Whether cooked on the BBQ, on the stove top or roasted in the oven, pork just tastes great.
How to Cook a Crown Roast of Pork:
Have your butcher prepare a pork crown roast. I like to cook the roast with a filling inside, so the stuffing can absorb the delicious juices. I prepare a bread stuffing ahead of time.
- crown roast of pork – roughly 10-11 lbs in weight
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- bread stuffing – if desired
- 1 apple – cored & sliced into 8, if using stuffing
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Rub inside and outside of meat with olive oil, thyme, allspice, salt & pepper.
- Place roast into oven in a roasting pan until it reaches an internal temperature of 260 degrees F.
- After meat reaches an internal temperature of about 240 degrees F, which will take roughly 1 1/4 hrs, remove from oven and fill with bread stuffing. Top stuffing with apple slices to keep moisture in.
- After 30 – 45 min later & the roast is cooked through, remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Remove apple slices on top and reserve them.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of cooked peas on top of stuffing.
- Decorate with parsley, radicchio and the reserved apple slices.
Not only is this flavorfully delicious, the presentation is out of this world.
So, don’t be scared of the crown roast of pork…Pick one up today and celebrate National Pork Month!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Pork Info on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Stuff a Turkey for Roasting + Video
- How to Cook Haskap Apple Bread Stuffing + Video
- How to Roast Duck with Savory Fruit Stuffing: Easter Surprises
- Baked Apples in National Apple Month
- How to Roast a Whole Chicken + Video