Lavender Lemonade is wildly floral with the tangy, uplifting, home-style lemonade of summer, especially great with lavender buds, but alternately with lavender leaves.
You will just have to thank me later after you’ve drank the entire gallon, and need to make a new one…
Enjoy this summertime bevy with a twist from Cooking with Kimberly!
- Be sure to hydrate yourself in the hot summertime weather. Every chemical reaction in the body requires water. Drink up!
- Just a squeeze of lemon in your water, makes it alkaline, and that’s good for your body! Nice. 😉
Type: Juice Recipe
Serve with: ice
Prep Time: 5 min
Yield: 1 gallon
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- 3 lemons – juiced
- 1 tsp lavender buds
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ~ 1 gallon filtered water
- Wash lemons under cool water with soap & rinse thoroughly.
- Halve and juice the lemons, reserving pulp if desired, and removing seeds.
- Add lemon juice, pulp (if desired), sugar and water to a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a tea ball, if you have one, put 1 tsp lavender buds inside and hook onto edge of pitcher and allow to steep for a few hours, or overnight, if desired. * Tip: The longer you steep it with lavender, the more intense the flavor will be. * Tip: If you don’t have a tea ball, you can use cheese cloth, like you would make a bouquet garnis. You may also add the lavender buds straight to the lemonade, but you will want to strain them out before serving, if desired, but you will also be straining the lemon pulp if you added it to the pitcher. Lavender is edible, but something you many not want a whole mouthful of in your lemonade. 😉
- Serve with ice or cool in refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy this Beverage Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Homemade Lemonade + Video
- How to Make Grapefruit Lemonade + Video
- How to Make Lemonade from Scratch + Video: Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie
- How to Make Kimberly’s Hot Lemonade
- How to Brew Lemon Oil Iced Tea + Video