…for those blustery evenings, have yourself a tasty drink that’s sure to excite your taste buds, and boost your immune system with vitamin C.
Try out this super easy lemonade recipe that’s sure to please. Plus, you can enjoy it hot or cold.
Type: Beverage Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Yield: 1 gallon
- 4 whole lemons
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ~ 1 gallon water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp butter
- * optional: brandy, rum, vodka – 3/4 shot per mug or glass
- Halve and juice the lemons, reserving pulp if desired, and removing seeds.
- Add lemon juice, pulp (if desired), sugar and water to a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Serve with ice or cool in refrigerator to store.
- When ready to heat and serve, add desired amount of lemonade, measured by a mug the size you’re using to serve it, and pour into an appropriate-sized pot for the stove.
- Add remaining ingredients minus the optional alcohol & butter and heat to a simmer.
- Immediately add butter and stir.
- Pour into mugs and serve with a cinnamon stick and lemon slice, if desired. * Optional: Add alcohol like brandy, rum or vodka, if desired, for a more adult beverage.
I hope you enjoy this Lemon Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make Holiday Cranberry Spiced Lemonade
- How to Make Homemade Lemonade + Video
- How to Make Lemonade from Scratch + Video: Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie
- How to Make Blueberry Clementine Iced Tea + Video
- How to Make Hot & Spicy Toddies: Cook Something Bold & Pungent Day